Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Holi-Daze 2008

I have been at home for the past two weeks and must say this Holiday
season was grand. A visit to Chicago for a few days, to re-connect with
some friends, then back here in Georgia where I have spent non-stop
quality time with family.
Moments can be a rather challenging for the Barnes family, with
the lack of my brothers physical presence, but my family never
fails to amaze me at how strong and optimistic they are. Thank
goodness....

Seeing old friends, and learning new lessons has also been
a characteristic of this season. Life in Georgia is home,
and a beautiful foundation, but life for me now is different.
I feel the affects of the individual choices I have made
to travel, adventure, pursue, and live a life that may
look a little different to people. I would not have it any other
way, but there are some things you must let slip to a distance
to continue to move forward. However, I can see that just because
I am a continent away, so many of you are right by my side. Gracias.

UPDATE:

My Brazil job has been canceled. Sadly. Due to the economy
right now, they could not fund the program.
It's all good....
I believe I am going to spend some time working on a farm in Patagonia
to escape the city for the South American summer. No complaints.

Keep in touch.

ash

1 comment:

Jacqueline Barnes said...

Hi Honey, Just finished reading your latest blog. Thank you for keeping it up. Good luck on finding a farm to work on. I hope it happens soon.
Where and with whom are you living with right now??
I need to get back to work..the children are starting to come in. Love ya, Mom